PHD in Physical Therapy
Ziauddin University an HEC recognized W4 Category University has been created with a vision to promote the advancement of knowledge in health sciences through excellence in teaching, research, and public service. The University endeavors to develop in each student, the virtues and values of humanity, dignity and worthiness; a desire and capacity for critical reasoning; the ability to communicate; and the skills for acquiring new knowledge and meeting the challenges of an exponential growth of information. The institution focuses on developing competence, personal fulfillment and responsible leadership in science and public service.
Bestowing eminence in Rehabilitation.
Being a futuristic rehabilitation sciences institution, becoming an integral part of health system, preparing future rehab professionals with the knowledge, skill and attributes of evidence-based practice for the community’s wellbeing.
ZIAUDDIN COLLEGE OF REHABILITATION SCIENCES
Ziauddin College of Rehabilitation Sciences (ZCRS) was established in year 1999 with the mission to produce competent Therapist by providing quality education, promoting research and evidence based practice with the intent to promote multi-disciplinary approach. The college offers undergraduate programs in the field of Physical Therapy (Doctor of Physical Therapy), Occupational Therapy (Doctor of Occupational Therapy) and Health Education and Sports Sciences (Bachelors and Associate Degrees) that is at par with the international standards and HEC guidelines.
Since Pakistan has a scarcity of research scholars in the field of Rehabilitation Sciences hence to create a dynamic research community and enabling therapist to fully equip themselves with the skills they require to excel in research based practice, ZCRS feels privileged as being pioneers in starting the Higher Degree programs in the field of Physical Therapy.
MISSION OF COLLEGE
Ziauddin College of Rehabilitation Sciences is committed to produce competent physical therapist by providing knowledge and skilled based education; also inculcating the element of research with intent to improve patient care
MISSION OF POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM
The postgraduate program aims to prepare individuals to function as independent physical therapy researchers who can take an interdisciplinary approach to physical therapy issues. Students graduating with degree are prepared for careers university educators, research scientists and specialized professionals within the field of physical therapy.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
After graduation our students will be able to:
- Professionally utilizes fundamental knowledge, analytical and problem-solving skills in the field of Physical Therapy to articulate and work through evidence based clinical decision making based on research evidences and practice knowledge
- Acquiring knowledge and advance skills for planning, analyzing and investigating different diseases for attaining lifelong learning and displaying commitment to the community
- Exploring new and emerging areas (sub-specialties) in the field of rehabilitation science by utilizing different tools and rehabilitative techniques for treatment purposes
- Effectively communicating with patients/ clients and peers by adhering to ethical and professional code of conduct while working meritoriously as a leader in the multidisciplinary teams of hospitals and institutions
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of program student will be able to
PO1: Demonstrate in-dept. learning in research with respect to Physical Therapy
PO2: Inculcate the advance knowledge of research through article writing and dissertation writing
PO3: Critically appraise the articles and synthesizing novel approach
PO4: Perform independent research professionally and ethically
PO5: Utilize the skills in formulating action plan for patients/clients in the field of physical therapy
PO6: Implement the advance and innovative techniques in patients/clients for publishing the original work
PO7: Recognize the needs of society for Continuous Professional Development.
PO8: Exhibit leadership skills for professional guidance and future endeavors.
PO9: Attain Life-lasting learning
|Credit Hours||22 Credit Hours (Course work) + 30 Credit. Hours (Dissertation)|
|Semester Duration||Minimum of 16 weeks of teaching for regular semester excluding examinations duration|
|Coursework Duration||1 year, two regular semesters|
|Comprehensive Examination||Maximum 2 Years Failure to which lead to termination of candidature from the program|
|Degree Duration||Minimum 3 years (including course work duration and Research Dissertation)|
|Maximum 8 years (including one-year extension with approval of Dean of faculty, Vice-Chancellor and Director Postgraduate)|
|Summer Session||For deficiency/failure, repetition of courses up to 6 credit hours (08 Weeks duration)|
| Course Load during regular semesters for|
Regular Full-Time Students
|11 Credit Hours|
ADMISSION CRITERIA- PHD
- At least 18 years of education in the relevant discipline, Minimum CGPA 3.0/4.00 or 60% marks from HEC recognized institute (preferably the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees should be HEC attested or having HEC Equivalence certificate in case of foreign university education).
- Passed NTS GAT (subject) test with 60%, the University GAT (subject) test with 70% marks, or international GRE subject.
- An interview with Ph.D. Admission committee
|Fee Type||Currency||Proposed Fee||Collection|
|Admission Fee||Pkr||200,000||At the time of Admission|
|Tuition Fee||Pkr||94,000||Each Semester|
|Examination Fee||Pkr||11,000||Each Semester|
SCHEME OF STUDY
|COURSE CODES||SEMESTERS||COURSE CREDITS|
|ZU-RM-901||RESEARCH METHODOLOGY I||3|
|ZU-AEB-903||ADVANCED EPIDEMIOLOGY & BIOSTATISTICS||1|
|ZU-BSMBG-905||FUNDAMENTALS OF BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES, ADVANCEMENT IN MOLECULAR BIOLOGY & GENETICS||3|
|ZU-MDPT-907||MAJOR DISCIPLINE – I||4|
|ZU-RM-902||RESEARCH METHODOLOGY II||3|